Sunday, August 30, 2009

Emotions

Something struck home the other day while I was re-evaluating my standing on becoming an animator. I need to draw more.... But what? That was always the question. What to draw? People, well of course... Positions?, well obviously ... Then it came to me, good animation is not telling a story with words or sounds, but by showing emotion. So here I have started my new movement!!! It is my goal to draw, not a picture, but an emotion every day in hopes of improving my skills not only as an artist, but as story teller. Here are my first few days of efforts. (it started with "tired")

Indifference.... He is deciding to eat either the person, or the ice cream cone.. both are very good.

Apprehension...

Anyways, here is my start... We'll see how long it lasts. ;)

P.S. - If anyone would like to recommend an emotion for me to draw, I would take it gladly! These are both emotions recommended by some friends of mine. Thanks buddies!







No comments:

Post a Comment